Thursday, May 24, 2012

It's been a while between layouts.....

okay I have a little confession to make.  Yes I do run an online scrapbooking store, but do I scrapbook???  Well the answer is sometimes.

If you've known me for a while you would know my all time favourite is cardmaking because I love the simplicity and ease of making cards.  Layouts can often take a lot longer to put together and therefore get thrown on the back burner so to speak.

Anyway I finally did a layout on the weekend and to be honest I miss the documenting and preserving of those everyday memories, of which photos evoke.  I am also falling in love with life journaling of late due to the online classes I have been taking.  This is the very personal side of scrapbooking which I haven't shared on this blog as yet. I may share a page here or there in the future.

So here is a layout celebrating the lovely and unpredictable teen in the house.  Selfies seem to be the flavour of the these teen years.  Taking a photo of yourself and uploading it to social media sites or sharing it with your friends to get 550 million likes from them.  Really worth documenting this time in a teens life as I believe it all stems from fitting in and self esteem building for the teen in 2012.  Very different from our life and times, but we have to embrace and work with how they feel they need to do it today.





Supplies used

Autumn Leaves Foil Paper: Urban Junque Tangerine Dream
Pink Paislee Christy Tomlinson She Art - Inspire 12 x 12 Patterened Paper (underside)
Hambly Washi Tape
Green Tara Stitched Grossgrain Ribbon Purple
Vanilla Tags - Hidden tag journaling behind the photo you can see this in the last photo
Other assorted supplies are made using stamps and punches from our online store.
The letters used to make the words are from a left over pack which are not in store from doodlebug designs.  However we have plenty of alphabet stickers and chipboard available in store.

If you have any questions regarding products used or techniques used on the this layout feel free to contact us.

Have a happy day!





1 comment:

Tash said...

I know what you mean! I have an 18 year old sister and it's fascinating to watch how she interacts with her peers. She stayed with me for three months when I lived in the States and when she left I found 300 images she had taken of herself in photo booth!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...