Sunday, September 18, 2011

Party Time

Gosh I just realised it has been a whole week since my last post.  The week just flew by and here we are its Sunday again.  Yesterday we had my sons 9th birthday which consisted of a double party.  One for his friends during the day and then family at night.  I am completely worn out and glad I have lived to see another day.  I spent the last two days running around preparing, shopping, cooking, baking, cleaning, organising and of course hosting.  Here are a few photos.  I should have taken some photos of all the food platters I did but I just didn't think to.

Because we had two parties I had to make two cakes.  The blue cake was for family in the evening and the ice-cream cake at the bottom was for friends.  Ice cream cake is the easiest to make and always a hit.  I just buy a few different tubs of ice-cream, whatever flavours my son requested.  I then line a cake tin with glad wrap and melt the icecream till it is spreadable and then layer it and freeze and then do the same with the next flavour.  Then I turn it out onto a plate and drizzled some choc top which goes hard as soon as you pour it onto the icecream.  So easy looked and tasted amazing.






Cute little buntings and flags as well as all the decorations for the lolly bags can all be found on site.  I am of to recharge and relax.

Happy Sunday!! 



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...