Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Restless Night - My Randomn Thoughts....

No creative updates in this post just my opinion, wanting to be expressed again.....

I'm not sure if anyone in Australia managed to get a decent nights sleep last night.  I for one kept watching for updates on TV up until Midnight (not what I usually do by the way), waiting and watching and seeing the terror and fear of what was ahead for anyone living in Far North QLD being sucked into the hype of it all.  I really feel for those affected, I think anyone with compassion would, however I haven't posted about any of the floods, and I don't really intend to amplyfy it here except for this quick mention of my opinion of it all.  I haven't tried to raise money or set up an auction as many other stores have, although I have made my own personal donation and I take my hat off to those who have had the time, energy and resources to do all these things, well done and as fellow Aussies we are proud.   I believe as I stated in my last post however where thoughts go energy flows.  I prefer to send love and prayers and positive thoughts rather than to get caught up in the Media hype.

All the fear that seemed to be generated with the current cyclone, the news updates, the speculation, the constant warnings and then this morning it seemed as though it wasn't as bad as first predicted although still terrible.  Days and Days of News about it, rehashing the past cyclones etc.  How much fear can be instilled in a population thanks to the constant stream of media updates and comparisons to past events.  No wonder everyone is completely frightened, even living in another state.  I agree technology and information about getting out, getting safe and being prepared is absolutely essential and there lies the upside of technology.  As far as the over dramatisation, the constant interviewing, etc etc, I believe can be a drawback.

During the floods all you saw on TV for days 24/7 was the same update, the same TV scenes, the same interviews just recycled all day.  I know I may be rocking the boat here in my views, but I think unless you are there to physically help (which I know so many have), or provide some sort of financial support (via a donation, fund raising, auctions etc), or sending loving thoughts and prayers (very powerful by the way, more than we know) all the rest is meanlingless hype which only gives energy to more of the same and satisfies our need to be informed constantly of every little thing going on in the world, overloading our brains in the process.  (I read in a magazine a couple of weeks ago, "that we recieve more information from one newspaper, than people did in a whole life time many many many years ago (can't recall the exact year sorry)  This is one reason why I don't really read Newspapers, nor do I like watching the News.

On that note, to wind up this long post, I am sending heartfelt love and light to all those affected that the cyclone subsides quickly and easily without causing any further harm and that everyone is kept safe and able to recover with ease whilst they get their lives back together, perhaps knowing from this experience what is really imporant in life.  Not things but people, humanity, love, compassion, support, caring, sharing, integrity and did I mention LOVE.  Lets hope we've seen the last of natural disasters for Australia this year.  Lets learn the lesson from it all, Mother Nature is not angry, she is just gently giving us a much needed wake up call to remember why we are really here and even if it's not happening directly to you, learn from the lesson anyway as its meant for us all.

Sermon Over LOL!

Love and light to you all!!!!
Anna xxxxxx

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...