Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas!!!


This is just my favourite Christmas song, especially sung by Christina Aguilera, just love love it.  I wanted to upload the video here but youtube wouldn't enable it so here is the link if you want to hear it. 

I would like to take this opportunity to wish all my customers, friends and family the most wonderful, beautiful and joyous Christmas.  May this be a time for us all to be in the moment with our loved ones even though our minds can sometimes be a million miles away.  May it be a time for an abundance of  love and gratitude for those around us.

Thank you to all my customers for your support, lovely feedback, friendly emails and to even the little chats I have with customers who pick up their orders from my home.  I am so amazed at this online community.  I have been on the net for a few years now and I never would have thought I could become so close to people who live on the other side of the world.  It is trully amazing and I am so so grateful for the connection that we all have whilst we go about our day. 

Finally I would like to share a wonderful email which I recieve daily from my daily om today, so appropriate for this time of year.  I would love to share it here with all of you.

Before I do however I would just like to mention that Koko Vanilla Designs will be open for your orders throughout the Christmas and New Year period except for a few days break early in the New Year.  However I will post the days closer to the time.

enjoy the post below....

Merry Christmas Everybody!!!!
Anna xxxx

Asking and Receiving

Prayer and Meditation

post courtesy of daily om


Put very simply, prayer is when we ask the universe for something, and meditation is when we stop and listen.

Prayer and meditation are similar practices in that they both offer us a connection to the divine, but they also differ from one another in significant ways. Put simply, prayer is when we ask the universe for something, and meditation is when we listen. When we pray, we use language to express our innermost thoughts and feelings to a higher power. Sometimes, we plumb the depths within ourselves and allow whatever comes to the surface to flow out in our prayer. At other times, we pray words that were written by someone else but that express what we want to say. Prayer is reaching out to the universe with questions, pleas for help, gratitude, and praise.

Meditation, on the other hand, has a silent quality that honors the art of receptivity. When we meditate, we cease movement and allow the activity of our minds and hearts to go on without us in a sense. Eventually, we fall into a deep silence, a place that underlies all the noise and fray of daily human existence. In this place, it becomes possible for us to hear the universe as it speaks for itself, responds to our questions, or sits with us in its silent way.

Both prayer and meditation are indispensable tools for navigating our relationship with the universe and with ourselves. They are also natural complements to one another, and one makes way for the other just as the crest of a wave gives way to its hollow. If we tend to do only one or the other, prayer or meditation, we may find that we are out of balance, and we might benefit from exploring the missing form of communication. There are times when we need to reach out and express ourselves, fully exorcising our insides, and times when we are empty, ready to rest in quiet receiving. When we allow ourselves to do both, we begin to have a true conversation with the universe.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...