Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Scrapbooking Layout Step by Step using OA Cherry Hill Range

Finally a new step by step layout.

I have used October Afternoon Cherry Hill papers and die cut shapes in this layout all available on the website. Although this range is a little older I still love it, it is one of my favourites. Once I found the perfect photos for it there was no stopping the creativity. You could easily get a couple of layouts done using the sheet of die cuts and a card or two. They are just gorgeous. The Cherry Hill Shapes die cut sheet can be found on site here.

The other main supplies used for this layout were Aussie Scrap Source Ladybug cardstock and Cherry Hill Tea Towel Patterned Paper.
Step 1 - Ink around the edges of the red cardstock. I used Tim Holtz walnut stain distress ink and used a sponge dauber to ink it. This is optional but i ink pretty much anything that doesn't move. I love the distressed vintage finish, it just adds a little something to each project.

Step 2 - Take tea towel paper and draw freehand a scalloped edge vertically on an angle. Start at the left and draw it on an incline going to the right. then cut this out. It doesn't have to be perfect because then you will distress the edge anyway.


Step 3 - The following 2 photos show you how I have roughed up the edge of the paper using your own fingernails a distresser or a blade just rough up the edge of the paper roll it, pressing down with your fingers, sometimes wetting the paper with water helps but I didn't need to use water. Then ink the edge with the distress ink.

Now attach with tape to the bottom half of the cardstock as pictured.


Step 4 - Now the remainder of this layout is all optional depending on your photos. I have selected a few of the die cut shapes and placed them around the photos. Find where you want to place your photos first and then work from there placing and adjusting seeing how everything fits together before attaching. Here are a couple of close up views.


Step 5 - At the last minute I decided I needed a heading to fill that gap. I used some cardstock stickers I had lying around open already but I have similar ones on site here from Pink Paislee.

Another last minute addition was to tie up the ends of this journaling tag with cotton red and white bakers twine into little bows. How cute is it??? Okay maybe I'm biased. You will find the red and white bakers twine here.


Here is the final product. Hope you like it and decide to have a go.



This layout took me under an hour uninterrupted to complete. So it's a quick and easy one and economical too. Any questions feel free to ask. More coming soon but I think that's enough photos for one post.

Enjoy your afternoon

Anna xx


2 comments:

Meri said...

Gorgeous LO Anna, love the girls they are so so cute!!! I need to do some LO too....catch up time during the winter months...chat soon xxx

ChYmEc!nDy** said...

wow that's awesome.

Anyway, i'm inviting you to join a giveaway on my blog... http://dream.chymecindy.com/2010/07/csn-stores-25-giveaway.html

Have a great weekend.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...