Sunday, January 18, 2009

Scrapbooking Layout Step by Step using Blissful Beach Days Scrapbooking Kit

I thought it would be fun to do some step by step photos of one of my layouts. Kind of like a little tutorial. All products used can be found in the Blissful Beach Days Kit. You will find it available for purchase here. So here goes enjoy! By the way sorry if some of the photos are dark I was doing this layout at night and getting my daughter to help take some of the step by step photos, so hopefully you still get the idea.

First photo is of the completed layout so you know what your layout will look like finished.


The papers I used in this layout are My Minds Eye Just Dreamy, Day Dream Pretty Petals. Green Cardstock and Blue Cardstock as per kit. The first thing I did was ink around the blue cardstock with the Versamagic Chalk Ink Sea Breeze

Then take the Pretty Petals and cut it down so it measures 30cm x 22cm. Then attach to the blue cardstock with double sided tape.


The next step is to take some white paint which isn't in the kit, or white ink and dry brush around the edge of a rectangle of the green cardstock which will measure just slightly bigger than the size of your photo. My rectangle measures 16.8cm x 20.8cm


This is how it will look painted with a dry brush all the way around.


Next choose the letters you will use to make a word and ink around them this is optional, you can use any colour ink to match your layout I chose pink.



Then cut out a few of the flower from the left over pretty petals cardstock I did these. Althought I altered the larger flower later on by cutting out every second blue pearl drop you can see it on the layout.


Then take the yellow and white striped ribbon and cut two pieces of approx 4cm. Loop them over and put double sided tape to attach the loop and the tape to attach it to the cardstock. These go on the back of the green cardstock in the top left hand corner but only once your cardstock painted edge is dry. I made one shorter than the other.

Now comes the fun part putting it all together. Firstly tie the pink check ribbon around the cardstock and tie a know on the far side as per photo. I attached a bit of tape to secure it from underneath.

Once you have attached your photos to the green cardstock then attach that centred in the middle of the page. Next start to place your flowers either where they fits in with your photo or as I have, here are some close up photos showing you my placements. I have layered some of the cut out flowers with flowers from the kit and buttons from the kit and dimensional tape.

I then added some cute little chipboard thongs from the K & Co Summer fun set also in the kit. So adorable

Finally a journaling tag on the side of the photo from the Imaginisce Jammin Journaling self adhesive tags. I didn't put too much journaling or detail on this layout because the photo is so clear and big and bright so I wanted to accentuate it not overpower it. Finally add your chipboard word in the top right hand corner as per photo.

To see the finished layout scroll up to the top. I hope you enjoyed this step by step tutorial and I would love some comments or feedback if you did. I may do this on a regular basis if I find that it is helpful and interesting. I myself am a visual learner and love being shown rather than reading instructions. So perhaps the combination of photos and instructions is helpful. If you do purchase our kits and have a go at this layout feel free to email me some photos to pop up in our customer gallery. I would love to see your creations.

Thanks and enjoy the rest of your sunday.

Anna xx

3 comments:

Chloe said...

Great step-by-step Anna! Love all the handy techniques bundled in with this stuning LO! Great work and I look forward to seeing more like this in the future!

Ruby Claire said...

Howdy Anna!! What a super awesome step-by-step! Thanks so much for sharing! Your kit is beautiful and your LO is magnificant!
BEAUTIFUL work!!
xoxo

Tanstar said...

Great tutorial, it inspires me to go home after work and try it out... the layout is gorgeous. I would love to see more of your future tutorials. Thanks for sharing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...