Monday, August 25, 2008

Introducing our September Guest Designer

Hi everyone, hope you have all had a great start to the new week.
I wanted to pop in and introduce our next fabulous guest designer for September, Julie Heard, you can view Julie's Blog here. I came across Julie with a touch of sychronicity as I believe is often a great sign. Julie entered a competiton which was run on Aussie Scrapbooking to design a layout on the topic "What's always on my mind." Koko Vanilla Designs was sponsoring the competition with the winner recieving a Free Kit full of Koko Vanilla Goodies. I of course had the pleasure of choosing the winner. Here is Julie's layout which she entered. I chose Julies' layout because I loved the way she put it together, the colours and the concept, to me quite original and as for the topic she chose I can relate to that as well.

At the time when I chose the winner I didn't realise who Julie was or that she had a blog, was already on other design teams and had published layouts as well as being a Scrapbooking Memories Master for 2007. All in all quite an impressive scrapbooking resume. Finally I sent Julie her kit and she contacted me to say she would send me some layouts using the kit, which is when I finally discovered her blog etc. I then asked Julie if she would like to be our guest designer for September and she agreed. So there you have it sychronicity I was looking for a guest designer and I was led to one easier than I thought. So to anyone out there wanting an opportunity, you just have to have a go and enter as many competitions or submissions as you can and make yourself accessible to anyone out there looking for scrapbooking designers. So to finish here are a couple of layouts Julie created with the kit I sent. She has added a couple of her own embellishments on one of them.

Eager to learn - Julie Heard

Home - Julie Heard

So welcome to the team Julie and I can't wait to see your creations with our September Main Scrapbooking Kit. Lots of new Basic Grey in this one very bold, bright and colourful. Anna

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...